Who is eligible for services from Vets Helping Vets HQ?

United States veterans who have served and been discharged other than dishonorably, their dependents or family members.

How do I get help with a compensation claim I want to file with the Veterans Administration?

Call Vets Helping Vets HQ  at 541-791-4357 and make an appointment to see one of our advocates.

Can Vets Helping Vets HQ help me if my claim has been denied?

Yes. A VHVHQ advocate can clarify the appeals process and help you file an appeal and gather additional records and evidence.

How do I apply for emergency home repairs or mobility assistance in my home if I am disabled veteran?

Call Vets Helping Vets HQ at 541-791-4357 to make an appointment to see a VHVHQ advocate.

How do I become a volunteer for Vets Helping Vets HQ?

The best way is to become a volunteer is to fill out the volunteer information form which will give us pertinent information about your skills and your available time. Bring it to the Bunker during regular business hours or email it as an attachment.  This way if a need arises we have a call list to get in touch with the right individuals for the task. Visit the "Volunteers" page on our website to view VHVHQ volunteer needs. Call the Bunker at 541-791-4357.

How do I make a financial donation to Vets Helping Vets HQ?

There are several ways to make a financial donation to Vets Helping Vets HQ. Make an online donation today using the "donate" button on our site, or mail a check or money order PO Box 2690, Albany, OR 97321. Navigate to the "Donation" page on this site to make an online donation or for further information about donating to VHVHQ.

Can Vets Helping Vets HQ help me find food and clothing?

Yes. Vets Helping Vets HQ advocates are familiar with services offered by other organizations in the community. Stop by the Bunker at the American Legion Post 10 and talk with a VHVHQ advocate to find out what services may be available to you and how you may obtain them.

Can Vets Helping Vets HQ shelter me if I am homeless?

No. Vets Helping Vets HQ does not provide shelter or housing for homeless veterans. However, advocates at VHVHQ know what shelters are available in the community. VHVHQ advocates can refer you to the Supportive Services for Veterans (SSVF) located at the Community Services Consortium in Three Rivers Mall or to VA Hud Vash representatives serving Linn and Benton counties.