Requesting Financial Assistance

Applying for financial assistance in excess of $100.00.

  • You will need to make an appointment to see a veteran advocate at Vets Helping Vets HQ.
  • You will need to fill out a financial request form and provide us with a copy of your DD-214.
  • You will need to provide us with your last three months bank statements to include your checking and savings accounts.
  • You will need to provide us with your income sources and amounts.
  • You will need to provide a statement of all real property or stocks you may own.
  • You will need to  provide us with a statement of all your monthly expenses.
  • You will need to write a letter telling us why you are requesting financial assistance to include the events that caused the need.
  • You will need to write a letter telling us what actions you are taking to prevent the situation from occurring in the future.

Bylaws: Article VII - Financial - Section 3

Veterans and veteran family members who are seeking financial assistance from Vets Helping Vets HQ must provide a copy of a DD-214. An application for financial assistance must be completed with a statement from the applicant on why they need the assistance and what created their hardship. When a veteran or a veteran family member is seeking financial assistance, they will provide copies of a yearly financial statement including all household income sources and household expenses and bank statements from their accounts for the last three months which shall be attached to the application. Applications for financial assistance may be approved by a majority vote of the board at a board meeting with a quorum present or by email by a majority vote.

Your request will be presented at a regular Vets Helping Vets HQ board meeting where it will be discussed by board members and then voted on.

This process usually takes a minimum of three weeks.